Serving at St. Stephen’s
Christians are called to work together and support one another. There are many opportunities to serve Christ and one another through the ministries of our church that provide inspiring worship, spiritual growth, fellowship, and member care.
Adult Faith Formation
- Lead adult Sunday School or small group
- Lead others in “Unbinding the Heart”
Children and Youth
- Work in teams of two to teach Sunday mornings September through May. Training and curriculum provided.
- Youth Leaders: Adult volunteers dedicate a few hours each month to build relationships with our middle and high school youth.
- Children and Youth Programs: help with Vacation Bible School, the Christmas Pagean, and the Community Day Camp.
- Provide computer support/maintenance.
- Create Social Media content
- Change the message on the front sign.
- Plan and support special church events as needed, including set-up and clean up
- Participate in God’s Work Our Hands
- Visit homebound people, deliver meals to those in need, etc.
- Prayer Chain: Lift in prayer those in need.
- Office Volunteers: Assist the office staff with special projects, such as preparing mailings and worship materials, covering the phones, and greeting visitors.
- Library: Help organize and shelf books in our library.
Property and Facilities
- Provide handyman skills or knowledge to support the general repair and upkeep of the buildings and grounds.
Worship and Music
- Altar Guild: Prepare the worship area prior to each service.
- Serve as worship assistants, prayer leaders, and readers for worship.
- Production: Run the audio/visual systems and/or video tape the sermon.
- Greeters: Extend a warm welcome at the door or in the parking lot, especially to guests and visitors.
- Ushers: Warmly greet people, distribute worship materials, and help people find seats.
- Vocal and Instrumental Opportunities: Join our Choir, handbells, or prepare a special musical offering to share at a worship service.
Our ministry teams carry out the important structural and organizational work of our ministry.
- CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
- CONGREGATIONAL LIFE
- ENDOWMENT FUND
- SOCIAL MINISTRY
- WORSHIP AND MUSIC
See a committee that you’d like to join and help with? Contact the Church Office at 828-322-3211 or email: email@example.com
Serving Others – St. Stephen’s Outreach Ministries
We believe that God has also given you gifts for outreach ministry and we invite you to share your volunteer service, in-kind gifts, and financial donations in support of God’s work through St. Stephen’s Outreach Ministries
- St. Stephen’s Food Pantry
- Centro Latino
- Drive-Thru Prayer
- The Pregnancy Care Center
- The Child Advocacy and Protection Center
- Meals on Wheels
- Trinity Village and Trinity Ridge
- Hickory Soup Kitchen
- Cooperative Christian Ministry
Reaching out to the world from our corner of Springs Road…
St. Stephens is a member congregation of the North Carolina Synod, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, and the Lutheran World Federation. Through these member bodies, our mission support dollars help to fund ministries across the globe, global missionaries, and disaster relief efforts wherever there is a need. If you’re interested in learning more about global ministry partners, please speak with the pastor.